Words can create a profound and impactful influence on readers — do yours? Your content is valuable, which is why creating an outstanding content creation strategy is vital to your business and your future success.
Every industry comes with competition, which leads you to ask, “How can our center make content that stands out?” If you want to produce top-tier work that helps your clinic reach its target audience and grow, you need to develop a competitive content strategy.
1. Create a style guide
No two businesses are the same, which means their content varies from one another.
Whenever you do a quick browse on the Internet for blogs and articles, you’re likely to read through material that presents a variety of different writing styles. For your business, this means defining your clinic’s sense of style is crucial.
What exactly is a style and how do you create one that resonates with your center’s brand?
Common areas in a content marketing style guide include:
- The targeted tone or voice of your content: Is your center formal or informal? Do you speak as a friend or as a therapist to readers? Look at your past advertisements or marketing efforts to discover your brand voice.
- The style of the writing: Does your center prefer short, to-the-point, and clinical sentences? Or, do you like to provide audiences with content that follows your exact train of thought?
- Word choice preferences: What words does your business like to use or avoid? Do you call yourself a center or a clinic, for example? Or, how do you prefer to talk about mental health?
- Your audience: Who is your audience? Are you speaking to women in their 40s, for instance, or men in their 20s? What are their concerns or questions when it comes to rehabilitation centers?
- The length of your work: What word count should you reach? Do you want a variation of short and long blog posts, as well as extensive guides? What are your default lengths for content types?
Since your style guide will serve as a reflection of your company’s branding and standards, figuring out the style of your upcoming content is an essential first step in developing your content creation strategy.
2. Define your content format
You know that publishing quality content is vital for your business, but do you know what makes up your content too? When you start a new content marketing plan, it’s crucial to define the areas that you want to focus on during your campaign.
While many businesses think that content consists of articles and blogs, you can take a more creative direction for your clinic’s content marketing plan. Social media posts, infographics, ebooks, and client interviews are other potential strategies your company may consider.
Choosing the right content is crucial as you want your marketing strategy to support the goals of your company. Fortunately, the different content format options mean you won’t find yourself struggling to craft a unique, yet successful content marketing campaign.
Which format is the best for your strategy, though? That’s up to your team — or content marketing agency — to determine. In most cases, some audience research, a competitive analysis, and a few experiments can help you find the best content format for your center.