If you want to build an audience, you have to do more than create fantastic content. You also need to optimize it for search, also known as search engine optimization (SEO). Content creation for SEO isn’t always easy, though, so how can your center get started?
Keep reading to find out more about content creation strategies for SEO!
What is SEO content?
To gain a better understanding of how you can effectively develop an SEO content marketing plan, it’ll help to outline and break down this terminology first. For starters, what is SEO and how can you use this tactic to benefit your company?
SEO stands for search engine optimization.
It’s a marketing method that optimizes your website for search engines, like Google, to improve your visibility in search results. Meaning, instead of appearing on page 10, your site appears on page one for searches related to your business.
Whenever you have a question or want to learn more about a product or service, you’re likely to turn to sites such as Google for more information. Since there are so many websites with valuable information, it’s easy to fall to the end of a long list of results.
With SEO, however, you improve your website’s visibility and chances of getting noticed by people in your target market. If you’re not familiar with SEO, an agency can help your team get started.
SEO is a strategy best used in conjunction with content marketing.
Your content serves as the backbone of your business ideas and your company’s voice. When you develop top-tier content, you’ll experience greater website traffic and higher quality leads.
Even better, when you value content creation for SEO marketing purposes, you’ll amplify your opportunity to meet and exceed your marketing objectives.
What does SEO content include?
You know that SEO is a valuable marketing strategy, but where should you focus when using this tactic?
SEO content can appear in various forms, including the following:
- Articles — From interviews with clients to informative text about a breakthrough discovery, articles serve as an excellent source of information to your clients. They should also increase your chances of getting noticed too.
- Blogs — Blogs are one of the best places to create fresh SEO content. Since blogs are often conversational and engaging, remember to incorporate your targeted keywords into your text naturally to avoid disrupting the tone of your writing.
- Videos — Did you know that videos serve as a form of content, too? When you have a video on your website or social media page, inserting strategically chosen keywords into your video can help increase your company’s visibility on search engines.
- Infographics — Infographics are the perfect way to share information in a visual and easy-to-read style. Search engines can’t read images, though, so include a write-up of your infographic in your blog post.
- Service pages — If you operate a rehabilitation center, your website likely contains a service page. Because your ultimate goal may be to redirect users to these pages, you want to ensure that the text you use attracts new clients.
- Definitions — How often do you turn to Google to find out what a word means? You’re much more likely to pull up a search engine tab than to pull out a dictionary, which means your prospective clients likely do the same. Make sure your website hits key phrases and words in your industry to reach even more of your target audience.
Although many people assume content takes the form of just articles and blogs, the work you produce has a profound influence on other areas of your digital marketing plan. Be sure to evaluate which aspects of your website and content you want to target for SEO to better prepare your business for your upcoming work.
How do you optimize content for SEO?
For many rehab centers looking to increase their company’s visibility, the biggest issue they’re likely to confront is a sheer lack of knowledge on how to make their work SEO-friendly. You know superior content that ranks highly in search engines is crucial, but how exactly do you apply SEO techniques to your work in the first place?
Here are four tips for how to optimize your content for SEO:
1. Develop a content calendar
One of the biggest keys to content marketing success is consistency. You need to continuously produce new ideas for blog posts, infographics, and other content-related tasks. But, you need to form a sense of order and organization while establishing these plans too.
That’s why developing a content calendar is a crucial part of optimizing your content for search engines. You’ll have a general idea for when you intend to produce and release new material — ensuring that you stick to a schedule while fulfilling your plans.
2. Research keywords
Do you know which words and phrases your target market is likely to plug into search engines? To reap the most success of an SEO marketing campaign, you have to know which keywords to use in your content before you write it.
When you know which keywords your audience is likely to use while searching, you can write topics geared towards these areas of interest and attract high-quality leads to your website. Be sure to use keywords naturally and wisely throughout your text.
For the best results, include your targeted keyword in the title of your content.
3. Use appealing graphics and text
Great content is the key to a successful SEO marketing campaign. You can improve your company’s chances of getting noticed, but you can’t expect to thrive without the quality content required to back up your branding, too.
Be sure to use original text and graphics that engage and intrigue your clients. Most consumers only dedicate a small fraction of their time to skimming ads, articles, and other forms of content — so make every second count.
4. Be brief, but persuasive
When consumers turn to search engines to browse through a long list of results, your business is only likely to earn a few seconds of their attention. Be sure that you use this time wisely by being persuasive and to-the-point.
This means that using attention-grabbing headlines and compelling text is not only an essential part of branding, but it’s necessary for the success of your business’s SEO tactics, too. Make sure that your content is presentable and offers valuable information to your clients in a reasonable amount of time.
Optimize your center’s content for SEO
Whether you’re the only marketing professional at your rehab center or lead an entire team, you can develop a content creation plan for SEO that helps your facility reach, attract, and help more clients.
Getting noticed by your prospective clients isn’t easy, though. That’s where WebFX can help.
At WebFX, our team of more than 200 digital marketers is well-versed in the market’s latest and most innovative marketing techniques to ensure that your SEO efforts deliver the results you need.
With advanced marketing technology, which features machine learning and artificial intelligence, we can build a data-driven campaign for you. These campaigns have helped our clients earn more than $1.5 billion in revenue in the past five years, and can help your center too.
Are you ready to use SEO to grow your rehab center? If so, connect with us today!