If you want to build an audience, you have to do more than create fantastic content. You also need to optimize it for search, also known as search engine optimization (SEO). Content creation for SEO isn’t always easy, though, so how can your center get started?
Keep reading to find out more about content creation strategies for SEO!
What is SEO content?
To gain a better understanding of how you can effectively develop an SEO content marketing plan, it’ll help to outline and break down this terminology first. For starters, what is SEO and how can you use this tactic to benefit your company?
SEO stands for search engine optimization.
It’s a marketing method that optimizes your website for search engines, like Google, to improve your visibility in search results. Meaning, instead of appearing on page 10, your site appears on page one for searches related to your business.
Whenever you have a question or want to learn more about a product or service, you’re likely to turn to sites such as Google for more information. Since there are so many websites with valuable information, it’s easy to fall to the end of a long list of results.
With SEO, however, you improve your website’s visibility and chances of getting noticed by people in your target market. If you’re not familiar with SEO, an agency can help your team get started.
SEO is a strategy best used in conjunction with content marketing.
Your content serves as the backbone of your business ideas and your company’s voice. When you develop top-tier content, you’ll experience greater website traffic and higher quality leads.
Even better, when you value content creation for SEO marketing purposes, you’ll amplify your opportunity to meet and exceed your marketing objectives.
What does SEO content include?
You know that SEO is a valuable marketing strategy, but where should you focus when using this tactic?
SEO content can appear in various forms, including the following:
- Articles — From interviews with clients to informative text about a breakthrough discovery, articles serve as an excellent source of information to your clients. They should also increase your chances of getting noticed too.
- Blogs — Blogs are one of the best places to create fresh SEO content. Since blogs are often conversational and engaging, remember to incorporate your targeted keywords into your text naturally to avoid disrupting the tone of your writing.
- Videos — Did you know that videos serve as a form of content, too? When you have a video on your website or social media page, inserting strategically chosen keywords into your video can help increase your company’s visibility on search engines.
- Infographics — Infographics are the perfect way to share information in a visual and easy-to-read style. Search engines can’t read images, though, so include a write-up of your infographic in your blog post.
- Service pages — If you operate a rehabilitation center, your website likely contains a service page. Because your ultimate goal may be to redirect users to these pages, you want to ensure that the text you use attracts new clients.
- Definitions — How often do you turn to Google to find out what a word means? You’re much more likely to pull up a search engine tab than to pull out a dictionary, which means your prospective clients likely do the same. Make sure your website hits key phrases and words in your industry to reach even more of your target audience.
Although many people assume content takes the form of just articles and blogs, the work you produce has a profound influence on other areas of your digital marketing plan. Be sure to evaluate which aspects of your website and content you want to target for SEO to better prepare your business for your upcoming work.